I thought it would be appropriate to share some of the things that you can do to become more web 2.0 enabled. This is just a short list of some of the things I do (and know about), so please feel free to contribute your experiences and tips. Here are some to get started with:
- Get a Flickr account to upload your photos to. Tag them, share them with groups, and network with your contacts. See my photos here.
- Share your videos with Vimeo, YouTube, or Google Videos
- Bring all your blogs together with an aggregator, like Bloglines, that can collect all the new posts from your subscribed blogs. Most aggregators can also collect RSS feeds from your favourite news web sites, and any other syndicated web site, to show you only new unread content. Just look for the orange icon, or any mention of words like RSS, feeds, or syndication. See what I read here.
- Share your bookmarks with Del.icio.us, or Digg, instead of bookmarking a web site in your browser, bookmark them online. You'll be able to access your bookmarks from any web site, and also see how many other people have bookmarked the same sites, and find other popular sites similar to your tags. See my bookmarks here.
- Set up a personalized homepage on Netvibes, that can save tons of personalized, dynamic content, and you can access it from any computer
- Do your research on WikiPedia, where the content is created, edited, and censored by the users. Heavy use of cross-referencing and linking strengthens the network and provides virtual references.
- Establish your personal online entity on MySpace or FaceBook.
- Find, post, and sign up for local and interesting upcoming events on Upcoming.org
- If you're interested in sharing your work, progress, and day-to-day musings, set up a blog for free with services like Blogger or Wordpress.